javascript:void(0)

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

When life gives you lemons

I have always believed that when life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade. On my recent trip to Argentina, there was a lovely chandelier hanging in our rental. In an unfortunate accident the chandelier was broken and became quite an eyesore. Additionally, the landlord let us know that we would have to pay for the chandelier upon checkout. So here we had our lemon. Rather than let this opportunity for lemonade pass, we had each of our dinner guests throughout the rest of the trip write down their favorite quote, some advice, or a wish for the new year. When it came time to pack up and head home, I clipped the chandelier and put it in my carry on bag. Lemonade!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Blake,
I'm Erin Weed and I spoke right before you at NACA. Just wanted to say I admire your work, and you're an excellent speaker. Wishing you all the best.

PS-I blogged about NACA today, and linked to your bloggy: http://www.erinweed.com/2010/02/21/aflv-and-naca/

Unknown said...

A quote for your chandelier:

"There are some who would argue that a manager's job is to use fear to motivate people but I believe a leader's job is to help people overcome their fear."--Carly Fiorina

One more:

"Don't you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified."--I Cor. 9:24-27

Way to go on all that you're doing...it's not easy to be a leader--but you seem to be enjoying the ride--which is awesome.