javascript:void(0)

Friday, April 10, 2009

My Masters Moment

Two months ago AT&T approached us wanting to feature TOMS in an ad campaign. We could not have been more excited and grateful, but to find out weeks later that the ad would premiere as part of the Masters telecast was truly an honor.

Golf has always held a very special place in my life. At the age of 12, my dad taught me the game, and some of the greatest days of my childhood were spent battling my brother Tyler and my Dad for dollar skins as the sun would set. Being golfers, I don't have to tell you about the smell of freshly cut grass and the sense of possibility standing on that first tee. Celebrating good bounces, accepting bad ones, believing in the club you have chosen and committing to the shot are lessons golf has taught me that transcend all aspects of my life and business. And the greatest part... the 4 hours away from reality we experience after that first tee shot. I have always made it a priority to get away to a place where I can relax and have time to think. For much of my life, golf has provided that opportunity. In 2006, that same quest took me to Argentina where, for the first time, I was introduced to often overlooked inequities that lead to the idea for TOMS Shoes.

My hope is this is just the beginning. I envision a future where our One for One model is expanded through partnerships with other great companies and opportunities which allow TOMS to truly create a better tomorrow for our customers and the children we serve. Our debut on the Masters telecast will prove to be a landmark moment for our One for One movement and, without a doubt, a memory everyone at TOMS will cherish forever. Thank you ATT!

I want to dedicate this special weekend to those people with whom I have shared precious memories on the links over the years. To my mentors Carl Westcott and Jack Crosby, two men sharing an incredible love for golf and entrepreneurship. And to my longtime golfing buddies Joseph Robertson, Steven Patak, Jimmy Leach, Art Ryan and Andrew Palmer. To my mother Pam and sister Paige, who come along just enough to remind us it’s only a game. Finally, and most importantly, to my father Mike and brother Tyler, who are the greatest golfing partners a man could ask for. Each ball struck, bet won or lost and 20 foot putt made is a blessing we all share.



Watch the TOMS AT&T commercial at www.TOMSshoes.com!

4 comments:

o said...

blake-- i cant even begin to tell you how much of an impact you have made in my life. ive always wanted to help out the kids in africa but didnt really know where to start. three pairs of toms later, i finally feel like ive done some good for them. so thank you for giving me that chance! you are such a great great human being :)

kimri

tifsong said...

i LOVE that ad! its wonderful!

[flahy] [blak] [chik] said...

I just saw the commercial!! I love it!
So beautiful!

kaelyn manning said...

Blake- Im a sophmore student in riverside california, and am currently doing a project in my literature class involving the Person of the Year 2010, and I am doing it on you. Is there any post,websites, blogs that describe more of your childhood ? One of my assignments involves a 1-2 page backround info on the P.O.Y. (person of the year) heres my email, thank you so much! ... Kaelynmanning7@yahoo.com