javascript:void(0)

Friday, May 8, 2009

Super Limited Edition by the Official TOMS Mom

If anyone reading this has met my mom, they know she absolutely exudes compassion.

Whether it is her family, friends, golden retrievers, or the children she befriends on Shoe Drops, my mom holds nothing back when loving those in her life. And for this unique gift, I love her like no one else in my life.



Besides her almost super human capacity to love, she also is one of the most supportive people I have ever met. Truly TOMS and I would not be where we are today without her never ending support.

From answering the initial customer service calls and emails to organizing the first Shoe Drop, my mom has been our number one cheerleader every step of the way and this is why we are inducting one of her Style Your Sole designs into the TOMS Hall of Fame this weekend.



When I told her about this, she quickly, in her supportive and enthusiastic nature, said, "you like my design? Well, I could do a lot more of them if people wanted them." Of course I am holding her to it.



So, for the next few days, we will be taking orders for these super limited edition "Blake's mom" shoe designs which my mom will custom make for the lucky few in the TOMS community who order in time. Each shoe will be created with love and hand numbered by "TOMS Mom", Pam Mycoskie.



Happy Mothers Day to all the great moms out there.

2 comments:

sammy j said...

blake-- your mom sounds amazing...but so do You. i fell for you the first time i saw you on that att commercial. sure i like your scruffy look but it's more your job, your nature--your interaction with those kids that got me. i don't know if i want to ask you out for coffee--or for a job. both perhaps? keep up the good work.
sam :) samanthablevy@gmail.com

Lyndsay(: said...

Dear Blake, My name is lyndsay and i'm fifteen years old. I have a church that I attend that have many people wanting to be missonaries as you are. I am just so inspired by you and I was wondering if you'd liketo share your story to my church. I appreciate all of the hope you've given to so many people. You are one great guy and I just want my church to take the first step that leads to bigger things as you did. I really really hope you get this. So if you could just email or call me ASAP, that would be great. My email address is chicka_947@yahoo.com and my cell number is 405-535-3186. Call any time, thank you so much. Sincerely, Lyndsay